Kerri Severin, B.A., M.C.
Registered Psychologist in Edmonton
Hello, I’m Kerri Severin, a Registered Psychologist in good standing with the College of Alberta Psychologists.
I am a culturally sensitive, trauma-informed, empathetic, genuine, and warm counsellor who
believes in cultivating a strong working alliance with my clients. I use person-centered, Solution-
Focused (SFT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), and Eye
Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) approaches to counsel clients. My approach to working with children involves building genuine rapport and using play therapy, sandplay therapy, and art therapy to help kiddos process their experiences and learn how to grow from them.
I have experience working with people of all ages (from children 6 years and older, to teens and adults), helping clients work through children’s issues (school, peer relationships, coping skills), depression, anxiety, stress, gender identity, sexuality, grief and loss, PTSD, addiction, self-esteem, work-related issues and life transitions. I am also dedicated to helping people achieve overall life balance, including work/life balance for professionals. I worked at the Family Center and Pride Centre of Edmonton during my practicum, and I am an LGBTQ2S+ ally.
My goal is to help my clients feel understood and safe, while helping them reach their mental health goals. I believe that counselling offers a safe place for people of all ages to increase hope, identify personal strengths, and grow awareness in order to function better in life.
In my free time I enjoy keeping active, salsa dancing, traveling, spending time with my boyfriend, three daughters, family, and friends.
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
- Addiction & Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
- Coping Skills
- Child & Teen Counselling
- Emotion Management
- Gender Identity
- Grief & Loss
- Life Transitions
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Parenting Support & Strategies
- Relationship Conflict
- Return to Work Preparation
- School Issues
- Self-Harm & Suicidal Ideation
- Sexual Issues
- Sleep Issues
- Trauma & PTSD
- Women's Issues
- Work / Life Balance
SPECIALIZED TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Grief & Loss Certification
- Telepsychology Best Practices 101
- Bachelor of Arts, Athabasca University
- Master of Counselling Psychology, Athabasca University
- Open Studies, Blue Quills College
- College of Alberta Psychologists
- Psychologists' Association of Alberta
Book your session
WITH KERRI, REGISTERED PSYCHOLOGIST, SOUTH EDMONTON
COUNSELLING WITH A REGISTERED PSYCHOLOGIST IN SOUTH EDMONTON