Samantha Naidu, B.A., M.A. (Student)
Counselling Intern in Edmonton
Hello! My name is Samantha. I am very excited to embark on my counselling journey at Solace Psychology. I am currently a student at Yorkville University completing a Master of Arts in Counselling degree. This program has helped me develop skills to work with individuals who are dealing with a variety of mental health concerns.
I have been working in the Addiction and Mental Health field for over 7 years. My work experience has given me invaluable experience with trauma and addiction. Over the years, I have worked with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds. Most recently, I have been working with high-risk youth and adults dealing with addiction and mental health concerns. I have experience working with youth in an addiction setting that have different learning, behavioral, cognitive, and socio-emotional challenges, including ADHD, anxiety, and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
I also enjoy helping people learn how to cope with depression, trauma, life transitions, grief and loss, and various life stressors. I have a firm understanding of providing empathy, compassion, and patience with my clients. My work and education experience has allowed me to further develop my therapeutic skills.
Therapy for Teens & Adults
I believe in building a strong relationship with each client that is founded on mutual respect and trust. I strive to provide clients with a comfortable and non-judgmental space to help them develop the tools they need to cope with the challenges in their lives. Since every individual is unique, I use a person-centered approach. I draw from a variety of approaches to create an individualized experience that will fit a client’s needs. Therapeutic approaches can include Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFT) or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT).
I look forward to being a part of your journey!
* Sessions are offered at a reduced rate
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
- Attachment Issues
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Body Image
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotion Regulation
- Family Counselling
- Grief & Loss
- Learning Disorders
- Life Transitions
- Relationship Conflict
- Self-Esteem & Confidence
- Self-Harm & Suicidal Ideation
- Sleep Issues
- Stress Management
- Trauma, Abuse & PTSD
- Work / Life Balance
SPECIALIZED TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT).
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma Specialist Training
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFT)
- Suicide Prevention Risk Assessment & Management (SPRAM) Certificate
- Psychological First Aid for Pandemics Trainer
- Mental Health First Aid
- Being Trauma Aware Certificate
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Not On Tobacco (N.O.T) Facilitator Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Grant MacEwan University
Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Yorkville University
- Psychologists' Association of Alberta
Book your session
WITH SAMANTHA, COUNSELLOR, SOUTH EDMONTON
COUNSELLING IN SOUTH EDMONTON