DEPRESSION THERAPY IN EDMONTON
Depression can be treated. You can heal and break free from the pain and despair.
Get back to the true you and live a life of passion, peace, and joy.
We all experience sadness in our lives as we go through times of loss and despair. When sadness takes over your everyday life, fills you with hopelessness and worthlessness, and prevents you from experiencing joy, it is time to get help. This can be too difficult to navigate on your own - you've come to the right place!
Get help with:
- Feelings of Sadness and Overwhelm
- Lack of Motivation
- Low Self-esteem & Worthlessness
Depression can negatively impact your work or school, relationships, spirituality, and self-esteem. It can show up differently in people and during different times of your life.
SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION:
Common symptoms include:
- feelings of sadness, hopelessness, or emptiness
- feeling worthless or guilty
- feeling irritable or frustrated easily
- lack of motivation & confidence
- fatigue/tiredness, lack of energy
- difficulty sleeping or lacking quality sleep
- difficulty concentrating, thinking & making decisions
- issues with memory
- loss of interest in activities that you usually love & enjoy
- inability to find joy in life
- changes in appetite
- weight loss or gain, not due to dieting or exercise
- suicidal thoughts
- self-harming behaviours
COUNSELLING FOR DEPRESSION
HOW COUNSELLING CAN HELP
Whether you are going through a rough time or experiencing severe depression, working through these emotions with a trusted psychologist can help you break free. Counselling for depression can help you discover what underlying thought patterns contribute to your depressive symptoms. You will learn helpful strategies to challenge your negative inner-critic and overcome self-defeating beliefs. You will also learn how to enhance your sense of self-worth and motivation through the use of practical tools that apply to your unique circumstances. Talking things through can be nerve-racking at first, but it is the key to success. You can restore your sense of competence and find peace in your life again.
Benefits of counselling for depression:
- gain an understanding of what drives your depression
- learn practical tools to manage depression
- empower yourself to start doing the things that you love again
- gain a sense of hopefulness for your future
- enhance motivation, productivity & energy
- learn how to calm the mind & regulate your nervous system
- boost your confidence & self-esteem
- restore your relationships
- reconnect with your values & goals
- find joy in yourself & the life that you create
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is known as the gold-standard approach for dealing with depression and anxiety, among many other mental health concerns.
CBT focuses on teaching you practical skills to manage depression and hopelessness. You will learn how to become unstuck in the life you're living and break out of that negative downward spiral that pulls you into a dark place.
CBT helps you break the negative thought patterns that lead to inadequacy, hopelessness, overwhelming sadness and unhealthy behaviours (like self-harm, isolation and substance abuse). In doing this, you can actually rewire your brain. This transforms the way you start to view yourself and your future. You will also learn practical action strategies to support healing, growth, and long-lasting change to set yourself up for future success.
CBT has been shown to be just as effective as medication for treating depression. Research shows that the long-lasting effects of CBT are actually more enduring than medication alone.
*Various other strategies are utilized in counselling, based upon your unique situation and goals.
On the other side of a storm is the strength that comes from having navigated through it. Raise your sail and begin. ― Gregory S. Williams
You can start building the life that you've always wanted.
Book DEPRESSION THERAPY session
DEPRESSION THERAPY AND HELP IN EDMONTON
DEPRESSION COUNSELLING / EDMONTON THERAPIST FOR DEPRESSION