STRESS MANAGEMENT EDMONTON
Whether you think you can or think you can't - you're right. - Henry Ford
As stressors build up in our personal lives, work and school are often impacted. This may look like: taking on too much, lacking work/life balance, fatigue and burnout, irritability, mood swings, and living on autopilot mode. At Solace Psychology, our Psychologists specialize in helping people cope with personal and work-related challenges so that you can have a smooth and successful transition back to work.
If you have coverage through Canada Life/Great-West Life or Workers' Compensation Board (WCB), we will work collaboratively with your adjudicator/case manager in supporting your return to work and developing work accommodations for your gradual return to work plan.
* Currently accepting WCB and Canada Life/GWL referrals.
Get help with:
- Concentration, Learning & Memory issues
- Communication Issues
- Managing Anger & Irritability
- Stress Management
- Work/Life Balance
- Workplace Conflict
COUNSELLING FOR WORK STRESS
HOW COUNSELLING CAN HELP
Counselling offers a safe, confidential space for you to express your concerns related to the workplace and your personal life. The workplace is so complex, as we try to navigate our daily tasks, relationships with colleagues with different personalities and values, expectations and deadlines, and our personal well-being.
Counselling can provide you with guidance on how to achieve overall balance in your life. You will learn practical tools to avoid burnout and increase energy, and to handle complicated situations within the workplace and home. The result is finding your inner strength and wisdom, and getting back to the true you. You can create a life worth living, full of meaning and gratitude.
Our Psychologists have helped many people learn how to effectively overcome workplace challenges and achieve a sense of accomplishment. Prior to becoming a Psychologist, our Clinical Director worked as a Case Manager and Counsellor in successful Return to Work programs. Through her experience, she has learnt the top skills and strategies of managing workplace stress. Our team is committed to helping you master these techniques so that you can feel and do your best.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is used to help you break the negative thought patterns that lead to painful emotions and unhealthy behaviours. In doing this, you can actually rewire your brain. You will learn practical tools to ensure long-lasting change and set yourself up for future success both at your workplace and home.
*Various other strategies are utilized in counselling, based upon your unique situation and goals.
Common signs of workplace stress:
- fatigue & exhaustion
- working harder without results
- feeling irritable or anxious
- difficulty sleeping or getting out of bed
- difficulty concentrating & focusing
- problems with learning & memory
- feeling overwhelmed
- difficulty making decisions
- making more errors than usual
- feeling inadequate
- physical body reactions (headaches, upset stomach, tension in neck, jaw, & shoulders)
Benefits of counselling for stress management:
- learn practical tools to manage stress & prevent burnout
- gain a répertoire of relaxation techniques
- enhance your self-care routine
- master assertive communication & boundaries
- achieve overall balance in your life
- feel like yourself again
Improvements you may notice:
- reduced anxiety & stress
- improved mood
- enhanced concentration & focus
- improved memory
- enhanced ability to express & regulate emotions
- higher self-esteem & confidence
It’s your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself, that determines how your life’s story will develop. ― Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Book THERAPY session
STRESS MANAGEMENT IN EDMONTON
STRESS MANAGEMENT COUNSELLING IN EDMONTON