Amer Aujla, M.Sc. OT, M.C.
Registered Psychologist in Edmonton
Counselling & Assessments
Hi! I’m Amer Aujla, a Registered Psychologist in good standing with the College of Alberta Psychologists. I also have a background in Occupational Therapy and have been working in the mental health field for over 10 years now.
I provide therapy for adolescents and adults and work with a variety of issues including depression, anxiety, trauma, grief and loss, emotional regulation, work-related issues and interpersonal issues. My preferred therapeutic theory is person-centered and I value a collaborative working relationship with my clients. I provide a safe and non-judgmental place for my clients to identify their personal strengths and resources to assist in their journey towards healing and growth. I am skilled in helping clients learn new coping skills, deal more effectivity with difficult emotions and change unwanted behaviours. I am a strong proponent of mental wellbeing in the workplace and support clients in their return to work process following a medical leave.
I incorporate different therapeutic modalities in my practice including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), mindfulness and self-compassion.
I am also a Psychology Consultant for the Edmonton Public School Board. I provide psychoeducational assessments for students and am trained in diagnosing neurodevelopmental disorders, mood disorders and behaviour/conduct disorders. I work closely with students, parents and school staff to accommodate students’ individual needs, helping them progress and succeed.
I am an avid learner and always look for opportunities to expand my clinical knowledge and skillset. Currently I am in the process of learning to formally diagnose Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). I am also interested in becoming an Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapist in the near future.
Outside of work I am mostly spending time with my husband and our little Havanese puppy. I enjoy travelling, trying new restaurants/coffee shops, bike riding, going for walks and of course, binge watching Netflix series!
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
- Addiction & Substance Abuse
- Assessments for Children & Adults
- Attachment Issues
- Career Counselling
- Emotion Regulation
- Family Counselling
- Grief & Loss
- Learning Disorders
- Life Transitions
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Relationship Conflict
- Return to Work Preparation
- Self-Esteem & Confidence
- Self-Harm & Suicidal Ideation
- Sleep Issues
- Stress Management
- Trauma, Abuse & PTSD
- Women's Issues
- Work / Life Balance
SPECIALIZED TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assessments for Children & Adults
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Hakomi (Shame & Compassion)
- Return to Work Preparation (Work Stress)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Violence Threat Risk Assessment (Level 1)
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training (NCI)
- Mental Health & Suicide Prevention Training
- Health of the Nation Outcome Scales Training (HoNOS)
- Healthcare Provider CPR Training
- Bachelor of Arts; Psychology (Applied Emphasis), Concordia University Edmonton
- Master of Counselling Psychology, University of Calgary
- Master of Science; Occupational Therapy, University of Alberta
- College of Alberta Psychologists
- Psychologists' Association of Alberta
Book your session
WITH AMER, REGISTERED PSYCHOLOGIST, SOUTH EDMONTON
COUNSELLING & ASSESSMENTS WITH A REGISTERED PSYCHOLOGIST IN SOUTH EDMONTON